Buscador de empleos
Job ID: 211270085
JOB TITLE: Language Services Specialist (Associate) - Korean
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Project managers on individual projects
STATUS: Hourly, Part-time
Summary of job description:
This position serves as a language and cultural expert on Korean-speaking communities in the U.S. This is an hourly bench position within PRR’s Client Services department, which means this person will work on an hourly basis when there is a need. PRR’s clients are primarily government/public sector in the fields of transportation, water and wastewater infrastructure, and urban planning and development.
The position provides strategic communications guidance on outreach to Korean-speaking communities, facilitate focus groups in Korean, and perform community outreach. The position is also responsible for translating documents such as project fact sheets, post cards, social media posts, and other stakeholder-facing materials. The source materials may often require last minute edits. In order to deliver the final materials in a timely manner, the successful candidate will be flexible, organized, and communicative.
The successful candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, excellent writing in English and Korean, effective oral communications skills in English and Korean. This position requires intermediate ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Windows 10, and Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Translate sophisticated and technical material, including transcripts
· Edit and review translations and/or transcripts of sophisticated written and/or spoken material
· Research, write, and edit content for newsletters and press releases, fact sheets, informational brochures, and more
· Interpretation at meetings and with individuals
· Record in language voice-overs for videos
· Facilitate focus groups
· Offer clients and project teams key insights into cultural and language needs for target communities
· Recommend translation, interpretation, and communications media for target populations appropriate to client needs
· Conduct outreach activities including door-to-door, tabling, event staffing, and others
· Ensure work is on time, on budget, and on target with objectives
· Establish and support effective working relationships with clients, vendors, influencers, and communities
· Provide best possible solutions to project team as their Korean language culture expert
· Set and maintain the highest client service standards
· Provide responsive and timely information to clients
· Maintain confidentiality of client information
· Provide timely and accurate response to information requests
· Proofread and edit all work products prior to distribution
· Ensure translated materials are error-free and easily understood by/accessible to the target audience
· Complete time sheets and expense reports on time and with accurate information
· Written and verbal proficiency in English and Korean
· Commitment to providing access to limited English proficient communities
· Knowledge of the diverse communities who speak Korean and how they relate with government
· Ability to translate complex information into everyday English and Korean
· Superior written and verbal communication; able to write concisely and quickly in a variety of styles, appropriate to the client voice chosen for a project, in reader-friendly language in English and Korean
· Ability to organize and present information in a concise, easy-to-understand manner
· Ability and enjoyment in talking to community members and clients in English and Korean; excellent interpersonal skills
· Analytical skills to determine what’s working in target communities and what isn’t and offer solutions
· Ability to take initiative and work independently and efficiently
· Ability to stay on task and meet deadlines in a deadline-driven environment
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Comfort working in a variety of settings, including a busy office, meetings with elected officials, or out in the community
· Valid driver license
· Understanding of and interest in public policy, public affairs, and current events
· Confidentiality, dependability, mature judgment, flexibility, positive attitude
· Superior commitment to quality
· Flexibility in schedule, including ability to work evenings and weekends
· Basic knowledge of customer service principles, project management, and best practices with data entry and documentation
Desirable, but not essential, skills and interests
· Interest in transportation infrastructure, water quality, and/or environmental sustainability a plus
· Facilitation skills
· 5-8 years of experience in professional translation/localization work, both technical and creative
· Customer service experience is desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be expected to work extended hours; including, but not limited to, standing or sitting for extended periods. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee will regularly operate office equipment.
PRR, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
PRR is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive environment. We endeavor to build a team that reflects the diversity and intersectionality of the communities we serve. People of color, multilingual, LGBTQIA, and veteran candidates as well as individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.